7.1K Published on December 27, 2022

In this page:

Important Details

Affiliate Partners

Understanding Costs

Campaign Setup

Fees

WHAT is Sponsored Affiliate?

Sponsored Affiliate allows you to drive sales for your store with Lazada’s affiliate partners and in-app placements at a guaranteed ROI. You will only need to pay when you deliver the orders to your customers. Sellers typically see returns from ₱5 to ₱25 for every ₱1 spent. Besides driving sales, you can also promote your products across more than 100,000 affiliate partners with 1 campaign, across multiple formats and drive traffic to your store at no additional costs.

WHO can use Sponsored Affiliate?

Only selected sellers have access to Sponsored Affiliate. If you wished to access Sponsored Affiliate, you can contact your Account Manager or chat with us on Help Center.

Back to Top >

What TYPE of affiliate partners will I be able to work with?

You will be able to work with influencers, content creators, cashback apps/websites, price comparison apps/websites, top apps, websites, ad networks, and in-app placements that only you to reach millions of potential customers across South East Asia. Other in-app placements may show up when the shoppers search and browse for products within the Lazada app. You may find some examples below. You may also find out more on Lazada University here.

Can I select the affiliate partners that I want to work with?

We would like to maximize your traffic and hence, sales for your store. Hence, by allowing more affiliate partners to pick up your store’s deals, you can benefit from the awareness, traffic driven to your store and pay only when you delivered the orders or sales to your customers.

Can I see screenshots of my creatives on affiliate partners’ apps and sites?

Sorry, we would not be able to provide screenshots of your creatives. However, as we understand your concerns, we are providing you with new ways and more visibility of your promotions with the introduction of in-app placements. Your promotions may appear on Lazlive, Lucky Egg, and other placements within the Lazada app now.

Rest assured that our smart in-house system detects fraudulent orders, ensuring your sales are genuine.

Back to Top >

How much does Sponsored Affiliate cost?

Sponsored Affiliate uses a Cost-Per-Sale (CPS) pricing model. You set the maximum amount of commission rate that you are willing to pay when a buyer purchases your product for each product category. The minimum commission rate is 4%.

How can I make sure that I’m not paying for fake orders?

To protect you from fraudulent purchases, Sponsored Affiliate has a built-in order validation. This ensures that you will only be charged when the order is successfully delivered to your customer.

Back to Top >

How can I get started?

To get started, navigate to Marketing Center  Sponsored Solutions  Sponsored Affiliate within Lazada Seller Center. You would then have to agree to and accept our Terms and Conditions. Check out the step-by-step guide on how to set up your Sponsored Affiliate campaign here

What is the recommended campaign duration?

We recommend creating a campaign with no end date to allow you to drive awareness, store traffic, and sales on an ongoing basis. If you would like to try Sponsored Affiliate, we recommend a minimum campaign duration of 7 days. This is so that our affiliate partners have sufficient time to pick up the offers, create content to promote your products and show your promotions on their apps and sites.

What is the recommended storewide base commission rate?

The minimum storewide base commission rate is 4%. However, a good commission rate encourages our affiliate partners to promote your Store / Products. Refer to the following market rates to ensure that your offer is competitive:

Do I need to upload creatives?

Creatives are optional. As our affiliate partners use them to promote your store and products, we recommend that you add creatives or select from our creative’s library within Sponsored Affiliate’s setup. Check out our creative guidelines, best practices, and tips on creating them here.

Should I set up an Additional Product Commission?

The minimum storewide base commission rate is 4%. However, a good commission rate encourages our affiliate partners to promote your Store / Products. Refer to the following market rates to ensure that your offer is competitive:

Do I need to upload creatives?

Creatives are optional. As our affiliate partners use them to promote your store and products, we recommend that you add creatives or select from our creative’s library within Sponsored Affiliate’s setup. Check out our creative guidelines, best practices, and tips on creating them here

Should I set up Additional Product Commission?

If you would like to provide an additional boost on selected products beyond what you have added for your storewide base commission rate, you may choose to add product commission.

What type of products should I select in the Additional Product Commission?

Selecting products with the highest potential to sell well will improve your Sponsored Affiliate performance.

Types of products that are likely to perform well include:

Best-selling products

Your best-selling products can get more sales by getting more traffic.

Campaign products

Products with good discounts and deals will entice shoppers to add-to-cart and buy.

Competitively-priced products

Pricing is a key decision point for shoppers. Products with competitive pricing are more attractive for shoppers to click on.

Trendy products

Ride on the trend and increase sales for products that are in high demand.

High profit-margin products

Ensure healthy returns for your store.

Back to Top >

Why do my Sponsored Affiliate fees not match with the campaign report or dashboard?

You may experience a discrepancy in the fee amount reported against the fee amount charged to you due to these reasons:

Will I be charged if a customer returns the order?

Sponsored Affiliate has a built-in order validation, ensuring that you only pay for valid purchases. For any order that is canceled/returned within 30 days, you will not be charged with Sponsored Affiliate fee. We will also refund you for any fees that have been previously deducted.

Why am I still being charged after I have paused Sponsored Affiliate?

This is because of the attribution logic.

Lazada-recognized affiliate marketers bring shoppers to the Lazada Platform (including without limitation, to your store pages, product details pages (PDPs), a designated landing page, the home page, a campaign page, or other store pages and PDPs).

You will only be liable to make payment of the fees based on the commissions you’ve set in the system if the shoppers also visit your Lazada store and/or product pages within 48 hours, makes a qualifying purchase within 7 days after clicking the link, and received their orders following our requirements.

It’s been more than 7 days since I paused Sponsored Affiliate. Why am I still being charged?

Sponsored Affiliate attribution window is 7 days between the last click date on the affiliate link
/ creative and the date when the order was paid by the buyer. However, we will only charge Sponsored Affiliate fee when the order has been successfully delivered. Purchases can happen 7 days after you have paused the campaign or the order is only successfully delivered after 7 days.

Would I be charged for clicks on Sponsored Discovery and the delivered order on Sponsored Affiliate for a single order?

Depending on your customer’s journey, you may be charged for clicks and the delivered order if you are using both of the solutions. If you are only using Sponsored Affiliate, you will only be charged once based on the formula here.

To calculate the commissions, you will need to take each item in its absolute value.

For example, the seller discount total is -100 in the order details screenshot below. You may take 100 and apply the formula above to derive the total amount before the commission fee.

Applying the formula to the example, you could use a table like the one below.

If you are using Sponsored Discovery, you will be charged based on clicks.

Where can I see Sponsored Affiliate fee charges?

Fees are deducted/refunded automatically from your Account Statement. Hence, the best way to check for any charges incurred on Sponsored Affiliate is by checking your Lazada Seller Center Account Statement. Fees are usually deducted on D+1 from the order delivered date.

Back to Top >

Is this article helpful ?
Lazada University Logo
ADA is available at 24 hours. Live Chat Services are available from Monday - Saturday: 09:00AM - 06:00PM.