III. Sponsored Media’s Benefits

IV. Campaign Setup

V. Troubleshooting

VI. Campaign Optimization

VII. Reporting and Attribution

VIII. Payments and Charging Model

I. Introduction

What is Sponsored Media?

Sponsored Media is the most integrated way to drive shoppers on Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, and Audience Network to your Lazada store. It allows us to reach, engage, and drive high-intent shoppers based on their behaviors and preferred topics with personalized product listings to your Lazada store across Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, and Audience Network.

Where would my promotions or placements appear for Sponsored Media?

Your promotions may appear on the Instagram Feed, Facebook Feed, Instant Articles, Audience Network, and/or Messenger. The audience network is a group of network or publishers that allows your promotions to show up on other apps and websites (non-mobile websites). You may find examples of how the promotions will show up below.

Automatic placement will allow the system to optimize the placements to achieve your goals. Hence, you may not select or exclude the specific placements. Please note that the handle would appear with the Lazada logo if you run your campaigns via Sponsored Media.

back to top >

II.

Would everyone have access to Sponsored Media?

You may access Sponsored Media by navigating to the Marketing Center ➡ Sponsored Solutions ➡ Sponsored Media. If you would like to get access, you may reach out to us via your account manager. After requesting for access, kindly allow 1 week for the team to work on the whitelisting and provide feedback.

Can Sponsored Media be accessed via Advanced account?

No, you may access Sponsored Media via the Lazada Seller Center by navigating to the marketing center ➡ Sponsored Solutions ➡ Sponsored Media.

Do I need a Facebook page for my store to create a campaign?

Yes, you will need to add a new Facebook page for your store so that you can be onboarded onto the solution. You may check out Meta’s help center here.

back to top >

III.

What is the difference between Sponsored Media and other Sponsored Solutions?

Sponsored Media allows you to tap on traffic from the top apps like Facebook and Instagram to drive traffic to your store. Whereas, other Sponsored Solutions like Sponsored Discovery allow you to drive traffic and sales with Lazada's homepage, search, and recommendations sections personalized by our algorithm to potential buyers who matter. They are complementary to each other.

What are the benefits of Sponsored Media?

What are the differences between Sponsored Media and Facebook’s Collaborative Ads?

back to top >

IV. Campaign Setup

How do I create a Sponsored Media campaign?

You may navigate to the Marketing Center ➡Sponsored Solutions ➡ Sponsored Media ➡ Create New Campaign after accepting the Terms & Conditions and after successful onboarding.

How long do I have to wait for the onboarding to complete after filling up the details like the Facebook page?

It should take 15 to 30 mins to be onboarded.

How much budget should I add?

We require a minimum of ₱400 per day to allow the algorithm to maximize the use of your budget, balancing with the return on investments (ROI) that you will get. You will need around 7 days to exit the learning phase as we are optimizing towards purchases. For optimal results, we recommend running the campaign as part of always-on or more than 28 days to better leverage Facebook’s algorithm and machine learning.

You may also plan your budgets following the amounts below, based on your campaign’s status.

For New Campaigns

For Existing Campaigns that had finished the learning phase (about 7 days after the start date)

Do I have to upload images specifically for Sponsored Media?

No, the system will use the images that you uploaded for your products via the Lazada Seller Center.

What are the formats allowed for Sponsored Media?

The systems currently accept images from the Seller Center. The images will be displayed in the carousel format.

Where would the potential shoppers land if they do not have the Lazada app on their mobile phones?

The potential shoppers using devices with iOS 14.5 or recent versions would be directed to the web browser if they do not have the mobile app on their mobile phones.

How should I create product sets?

Select products based on how long buyers need to decide or the margins of the products are highly recommended. Organizing your product sets by category is a great way to start. We recommend selecting as many products as you can so that the campaign can end the learning phase earlier. You may find category filters as shown in the screenshot below.

How does the system determine which SKU or product variations to show as the first image if I had selected multiple SKUs of a product?

The artificial intelligence behind the system will select the SKU image that will help you go towards your goals. Typically, it would be the main image of your product as it usually contains the key selling points that make the image attractive.

Are there previews of the placements before setting the campaign live?

Currently, we have yet to incorporate the preview feature. However, you may view the sample execution within the setup page:

Would my logo and Facebook page name show up in the ads?

At the moment, the Lazada logo with your store name will show up.

Can I target shoppers who visit my store only?

To ensure you have the scale to drive good traffic, sales, and ROI for your store, we are following Facebook’s best practices to run prospecting that allows you to reach new audiences and retargeting that allows you to reach the shoppers who had visited your store, added to cart, or purchased in the past 6 months.

You will be able to target the shoppers who had visited your store, added to cart, or purchased in the past 6 months. This is to ensure you have the scale to drive good traffic, sales, and ROI for your store.

Can I implement UTM tracking to track orders, GMV, and more from these campaigns?

Lazada UTM implementation isn’t available in the current version.

back to top >

V. Troubleshooting

Are my campaigns live?

You may view the impressions, clicks, spending, add to cart, and purchases by campaign and products level in the reporting dashboard after launching the campaigns for a few hours.

How do I know if the creatives are approved or rejected?

If your campaign is spending your budget, this issue might have a lesser impact on your campaign. If the campaign is not spending, you may reach out to the account manager or via the live chat feature so that we can troubleshoot for you.

Meanwhile, you may check out Facebook’s advertising policies here.

Why is my Return on Investment (ROI) worse than other Sponsored Solutions?

There are multiple reasons why this could happen.

1. Tracking capabilities: External traffic might not have the full visibility of the events that happen after that causing slightly slower reactions to optimize the campaigns

2. The intent of the audience: Shoppers or potential buyers on Sponsored Solutions like Sponsored Discovery have the intent to shop for something whereas someone on other apps might be browsing for options or recognizing the need for something

However, the solutions are complementary to one another. You may add more budgets on Sponsored Discovery to ensure you have good ROI while getting more traffic from external sources using Sponsored Media will allow you to grow the scale. As the platform and sellers do that, the traffic will grow and benefit everyone which could result in even better ROI on Sponsored Discovery.

I can’t resolve my issues. Who can I reach out to for help?

You may reach out to your account manager or via the live chat feature in the Lazada Seller Center and they will liaise with relevant teams to resolve your issues.

back to top >

VI. Optimization

How can I optimize the campaigns?

You may check the performance of the SKUs ideally after 7 days to ensure that the system has time to learn how the potential buyers respond to your ads. Generally, if the cost per purchase is good (within what you are willing to spend), you may increase your budgets to get more purchases. If the cost per purchase is not within your expectation, you may find out which products are not performing and potentially consider removing it/them from the product set.

back to top >

VII. Reporting and Attribution

What is the attribution period?

It’s 7 days post-click and one 1-day post-view which is the same as Facebook’s Collaborative Ads attribution.

Are the metrics reported using Lazada’s attribution and aligned with other Sponsored Solutions?

No, the metrics are currently based on Facebook’s attribution and definition. If you see the number of purchases and purchase value exceeding your GMV, that’s mainly because of the differences in the attribution used by Facebook and Lazada.

How often are the metrics refreshed?

The metrics are refreshed in 2-3 hours. Don’t worry – this will not cause any overspending. The lifetime budgets will be followed for all Sponsored Media campaigns.

Can I find my ads on Facebook Ads Manager after the campaign goes live?

Your Sponsored Media campaigns can be found and managed via your Sponsored Solutions page in your Seller Center account only. Management of Sponsored Media and your own Facebook page campaigns are separate, so you will not find the ads on the Facebook Ads Manager at the moment.

back to top >

VIII. Payments and Charging Model

What are the payment methods for Sponsored Media?

You may top up via the account balance under Sponsored Media section using your store earnings or other methods like cards and bank top-ups. Vouchers or credits for other solutions can not be applied to Sponsored Media. Refer to the screenshot below for the details.

Would taxes be shown separately like other Sponsored Solutions?

Yes, taxes will be shown separately and you may view the breakdown before you top up.

What’s the charging model for Sponsored Media?

Sponsored Media charges on a cost-per-thousand-impressions (CPM) basis.

If you have more questions, you may read more on the help center.

How are the credits/account balance for Sponsored Media be deducted?

The lifetime budget would be deducted from the account balance for Sponsored Media when the campaign is successfully created.

The actual spending will happen only when the campaign spends the budget.

If the campaign had ended based on the campaign duration, the unused budgets will be reflected in the account balance at around 2 am of the campaign end date.

If you have to stop the campaign, the account balance will be on hold so that the system can calculate and reflect the unused budgets in the account balance at around 2 am on the next day.

What happens if my account balance ran out?

Your campaigns will be paused automatically until you top up. We recommend monitoring your budget frequently so that your campaign does not have to spend a longer time in the learning phase.

Can I use the Sponsored Solutions vouchers or credits on Sponsored Media?

Similar to Sponsored Affiliate, LSS vouchers cannot be utilized for Sponsored Media.

Can I top up Sponsored Media wallet using an invoicing system?

You may top-up via the other payment options in this current version. We will continuously review all of our sellers’ needs and improve our product.

back to top >

Is this article helpful ?
Lazada University Logo
ADA is available at 24 hours. Live Chat Services are available from Monday - Saturday: 09:00AM - 06:00PM.