Update on Shipping Fee Charges in your Statement of Account

3.3K Published on July 26, 2021

Lazada is gradually rolling out changes to simplify how Shipping Fee charges are shown in your Statement of Account (SOA).

Note: As this is a phased roll out, the improvements detailed in this article may not yet be visible in your store/s. You will receive an e-mail message from Lazada to inform you if your Store is already experiencing the improvements..

WHAT SHIPPING FEE CHARGES WILL I SEE?

There will be 2 new shipping fee charges that you may see:

1. Wrong Weight Adjustment

Why does it get charged?
This is charged because of undersized parcels (i.e., stated dimension and/or weight in Seller Center is less than actual dimension and/or weight as measured by Lazada)

What does the amount represent?
The charge amount represents the difference between the Customer Shipping Fee and the Logistics Shipping Fee (see illustration below)

When will it reflect?
Wrong Weight Adjustment will only be reflected at the end of the billing cycle. This means the charges will only be posted soon after the SOA period closes at 11:59pm on Sundays. You can expect to see the final payout amount by 9am on Monday morning.

Shipping Fee Voucher by Seller

Why does it get charged?
This is charged to reflect the cost of your store’s Free Shipping promotion. Please note that this excludes any Free Shipping Max participation fee, which are shown as a separate charge in your statement (i.e. under Marketing solution/social media advertising line)

What does the amount represent?
The charge amount is equivalent to the actual amount your Free Shipping promo subsidized for the order (see illustration below)

i. If the promo amount has no cap, then it is the total shipping cost*
ii. If the promo amount is capped, then it is the shipping cost* up to the set limit
*calculated based on your stated dimension and/or weight in Seller Center

Note: A wrong weight adjustment can still apply to the order if your parcel is undersized in Seller Center.

When will it reflect?
Shipping Fee Voucher by Seller will be reflected in your Statement of Account soon after an item is successfully delivered.

WHAT SHIPPING FEE CHARGES WILL I NO LONGER SEE?

Since the Wrong Weight Adjustment charge is the consolidation of multiple shipping fee line items, we will no longer show the following in your Statement of Account:

• Shipping Fee (Paid by Customer)

• Shipping Fee Voucher (by Lazada)

• Shipping Fee Subsidy (by Lazada)

• Shipping Fee Paid by Seller

FREQUENTY ASKED QUESTIONS

1) Where will the new shipping fee charges appear in the Statement of Account?

In the new Statement of Account,
Wrong Weight Adjustment and Shipping Fee Voucher (by Seller) will grouped under Logistics Fees.

2) Where will I see details for the new shipping fee charges?
A new Shipping Fee page has been set up to allow you to see order and item-level details for the new shipping fee charges. In Seller Center, go to Finance > Shipping Fee, and choose the SOA period to see the details at the order and item level.

Currently, information will show only if there is a Wrong Weight Adjustment present.

More details will be available on this page by July 2021 as we work to improve things for you.

3) How do I avoid being charged a Wrong Weight Adjustment?
Ensure that Seller Center reflects dimensions and weight of the product including final packaging (e.g., pouch or box, protective materials such as bubble wrap). This is to ensure that the system will charge based on dimensional weight or deadweight, whichever is higher.
Dimensional weight is calculated as (Length x Width x Height) in centimeters divided by 6000.

Check your store's Growth Center (go to Policy Compliance > Incorrect package weight) to see which SKUs/products need to have the dimensions/weight corrected.

4) How does Lazada measure our parcels?
Parcels are measured once it arrives at the Sortation Center using a high-precision scanning & weighing machine. Bulky items that cannot go through the machine are measured manually and then cross-checked to ensure accuracy. But it doesn't end there.

The measurements taken are then compared against the past measurements for the same SKU/s for the last several months to ensure that the measurement taken is precise. In case the latest measurement is found to be off, we will use the historical measurement as basis for charging.

Is this article helpful ?
Lazada University Logo
ADA is available at 24 hours. Live Chat Services are available from Monday - Saturday: 09:00AM - 06:00PM.