What are the commission and program rate updates for 2023?

3.8K Published on August 15, 2023

Updated Commission and Program Rates for 2023

As part of our commitment to continuously improve the services of our platform, a few changes will be implemented for us to support you and your business better.

Starting May 18, 2023, Lazada will be updating our Commission Rates for both Marketplace and LazMall sellers, as well as Participation Fees for various Lazada Programs:

20230504 COMM FEES ASC POP UP.png

For more information on these updated rates, please see these articles:

Frequently Asked Questions:

I. Why is Lazada increasing its commission fees for Marketplace and LazMall sellers?

II. Does the commission apply to all items uploaded to the platform?

III. How do I check the Category of my items?

IV. Does Lazada have any special promos or offers for free commission?

V. Who are eligible for Free Shipping Max and Cashback?

VI. Are there any other changes to the Free Shipping Max and Cashback Programs?

VII. Is there still a bundle discount when I join both the Free Shipping Max and Everyday Cashback Programs?

VIII. Is there a lock-in period if I join Free Shipping Max and/or Everyday Cashback?

IX. Are the bundle discounts given in real time or rebates?

X. Who are eligible for the LazTop program?

XI. What is the participation fee for being a LazTop seller?

XII. I am an Individual Seller. Will I still be charged an Admin Fee?

I. Why is Lazada increasing its commission fees for Marketplace and LazMall sellers?

Over the past year, Lazada has been able to upgrade its offerings, enhance its services, and provide more robust seller programs. As part of our commitment to continuously improve the services in our platform, Lazada is implementing these changes for us to support you and your businesses better.

II. Does the commission apply to all items uploaded to the platform?

The commission applies to all items sold on the platform.

The commission rate will be based on your product's category (not your store category).

• To view the full Marketplace commission table, click HERE.

• To view the full LazMall commission table, click HERE.

III. How do I check the Category of my items?

You may view your product's category by going to Seller Center > Manage Products. Click on the product listing to view the Category.

As per the Seller Agreement, ensure that your product listings are properly categorized. Doing so will ensure that your products will show up correctly and can be found by your customers. Under the Content and Catalog Policy, miscategorization of items may lead to store deactivation.

IV. Does Lazada have any special promos or offers for free commission?

Newly-signed up sellers enjoy 0% commission for the first 30 days starting from the seller live date. After this period, the standard commission fees will apply.

V. Who are eligible for Free Shipping Max and Cashback?

Most sellers are now eligible for the Free Shipping Max and Everyday Cashback programs. To check, go to Seller Center > Lazada Programs > Available Programs. Click Join Now to participate.

VI. Are there any other changes to the Free Shipping Max and Cashback Programs?

From May 18, 2023, the participation fee of Free Shipping Max will be at 5.8%, while Everyday Cashback will be at 3.2%. Both programs are capped at Php 100 per successfully delivered item.

VII. Is there still a bundle discount when I join both the Free Shipping Max and Everyday Cashback Programs?

From May 18, 2023, the bundling promotion will allow sellers enrolled in both Free Shipping Max and Everyday Cashback to enjoy a promotional rate of 7% (4.5% for FSMax, 2.5% for Cashback).

This offer continues to be the best offer available to sellers where Lazada subsidizes part of the shipping fee and item price discount that your customers can enjoy.

Remember, on Lazada your customers can enjoy BOTH program benefits because Free Shipping stacks with Cashback.

VIII. Is there a lock-in period if I join Free Shipping Max and/or Everyday Cashback?

Yes, a 14-day lockin period will apply. This is to ensure that you give the program sufficient time for your store to realize the benefits of being on the program/s. We encourage sellers to choose these programs as a more optimal way to offer free shipping and item discount benefits to your customers. For both programs, Lazada subsidizes the discount that your buyers enjoys (vs. Seller Free Shipping and Seller Vouchers where your store shoulders 100% of the cost).

IX. Are the bundle discounts given in real time or rebates?

Most bundled sellers are now enjoying straight discounts, meaning they are charged the discounted rate at the onset. We endeavor to move sellers to this setup.

However, until the seller is migrated to straight discount programs, the prevailing standard rates will be applicable. Lazada will deliver the discount in the form of cash rebates within 2 weeks.

X. Who are eligible for the LazTop program?

LazTop is a program designed to recognize and reward Marketplace sellers with strong performance. Eligible sellers are nominated if they meet the following critera:

image.png

XI. What is the participation fee for being a LazTop seller?

From May 18, 2023, the LazTop participation fee will be waived. The program is therefore offered for free for sellers who have met all eligibility criteria.

Stores that successfully meet the requirements will have the LazTop badge which gives you credibility and generates buyer trust and preference.

XII. I am an Individual Seller (not Corporate Seller). Will I still be charged an Admin Fee?

For Individual sellers who are members of the Online Micro Sellers Marketing Cooperative (Coop) and whose payouts are being processed by the Coop, the cooperative may continue to charge an Admin Fee, depending on their agreement with their members.

For Individual sellers who are not members of the Coop and whose payouts are being processed by Lazada through Citibank/Citidirect, there is no equivalent Admin Fee on top of the standard platform fees.

Is this article helpful ?
Lazada University Logo
ADA is available at 24 hours. Live Chat Services are available from Monday - Saturday: 09:00AM - 06:00PM.