What is Lazada Iloilo Exclusive?

6.7K Published on August 25, 2021

Lazada Iloilo exclusive is an initiative to enable existing and new Iloilo sellers to grow their business through the Delivered by Seller fulfillment method. With this, sellers can use their own fleet or couriers in the fulfilling Lazada orders.

In this article, you can find out:

I. What are the criteria for joining Lazada Iloilo Exclusive?

II. What are the benefits of joining Lazada Iloilo Exclusive?

III. What is Delivered by Seller?

IV. How can I sign up for Lazada Iloilo Exclusive?

V. How do I process my orders?

VI. What will be the shipping fees charged?

VII. What are the policies we need to follow?

VIII. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

I. What are the criteria for joining Lazada Iloilo Exclusive?

• I am an existing Lazada seller or I am interested to be a Lazada seller

• My products will be delivered from Iloilo

• I can deliver my products using my own fleet or by booking couriers (ex: Grab, Maxim)

• I can deliver my products within the same day or by the next day

II. What are the benefits of joining Lazada Iloilo Exclusive?

As a new Lazada seller, you will get:

• LazLive Access For Free: Interact with millions of customers for free using LazLive livestream. All you need is your phone, camera, your products, and a smile!

• 90-day Jumpstart Program: Our team of vendor success managers will guide you on your first 90 days as a Lazada seller. We will teach you all the tools you need to kickstart your business!

As part of Lazada Iloilo Exclusive (for both new and existing sellers), you will get:

• Lazada Iloilo Exclusive Feature: Enjoy free access to "Lazada Loves Iloilo", a Lazada campaign open to exclusively Iloilo sellers like you!  Enroll as many products as you want to help boost your sales.

• Special Rates from Partner Couriers: Get exclusive deals from our Partner Couriers to lower shipping costs. Whatever your product is, they will be ready to fulfill your orders.

III. What is Delivered by Seller?

Previously known as Seller Own Fleet (SOF), it is delivery option in Seller Center (SC), specifically for sellers that are using your own fleet or  third-party logistics/couriers (ex: Grab/Maxim) in fulfilling Lazada orders.

What are my responsibilities of the entire order fulfillment experience, which should cover the following:

DBS sellers will be responsible of the entire order fulfillment experience, which should cover the following:

• Quality: Ensure accuracy with what was promised to the buyer, whether in the product description page or via instant messaging.

• Buyer care: Address customer queries related to delivery. Treat buyers with utmost respect.

• Delivery schedule: Ensure that all orders are delivered to customers within a reasonable timeframe (meeting the SOT SLA) and within a promised/communicated to buyers.

• Seller Center update: Ensure that order status is updated accordingly.

IV. How can I sign up for Lazada Iloilo Exclusive?

1. For New Sellers, kindly create your Lazada store by clicking on this link: Lazada Store Creation. Kindly click here for the store creation guidelines: Store Creation Guidelines.

2. Sign-up here for Delivered by Seller. For the field "Location based", please select ILOILO. Do not forget to read and accept the terms & conditions.

3. Upload your SKUs on to your Lazada Store, then request geo-restriction for your DBS SKUs through this form.  You can select your serviceable areas here up to barangay level.

4. Please wait for an email from Lazada within 2 business days for the next steps. Kindly reach out to PSC via chat to follow up.

5. Once confirmation email is received, request has already been processed, and the SKUs can now be set for DBS for LIVE.

6. Start selling! Deliver with your own fleet or courier.

GETTING STARTED

Once 'Delivered by Seller' is already enabled for your store, you can proceed to the following steps:

1. Upload products

- Enabling Delivered by Seller as an option on SKU level

1.1 Individual SKU      

1.1.1 Go to Product Overview page and click 'Action' and 'Edit Details' on an SKU (Note: For new products, click on 'Add New' and fill up all required fields)

1.1.2 Select 'Delivered by Seller' on SKU level

1.1.3 Click 'Submit'

1.2 Mass upload

1.2.1. Go to Bulk Add/Edit Products. Select Dimweight and Delivery Option.

1.2.2  Click 'Export File'. Exported file will be downloadable on the portion below.

(Note: each category of products has a different upload file template)

1.2.3 In column 'Delivered by Seller', input YES for SKUs you want to enable DBS for

1.2.4 Save the file onto your computer

1.2.5 Go back to Bulk Add/Edit Products and click 'Upload File'

1.3 API

API connection for DBS will be taken on a case-to-case basis. Please reach out to your KAM or to PSC via chat.

For Lazada Iloilo Exclusive , you can se this banner and badge for your product display page:

- PDP Banner: In the Seller Center Products tab, click "Decorate Products (New)" and upload this PDP banner 

- Product Frame: Add in the cover photo of your products

- PDP Frame for White Background

- PDP Frame for Non-White Background

2. Choose coverage areas

- Every single DBS SKU should be limited to your selected coverage areas. Upload necessary requirements in this form.

Note that this step should be done every time a new DBS SKU is created/uploaded.

Kindly include the following requirements:

a. Seller Short Code

b. List of SKUs IDs

c. List of coverage areas

What will be the delivery promise shown to customers?

For SKUs on Lazada Iloilo Exclusive, deliveries are expected to be fulfilled within the same day of order or at the maximum by the next day. Sellers are advised to indicate the delivered lead time promise in their PDP details.

EDUCATION MATERIALS

You can watch the trainings on Lazada University for Lazada Iloilo Exclusive: Onboarding and DBS Training

V. How do I process my orders?

What do I do when I receive a new order?

In Seller Center

You will receive new orders in the Pending tab of your Seller Center Order Overview page.

• Note that in the Pending tab, Shipping Information for DBS is still Drop shipping. It will be Delivered by Seller once you've already clicked 'Ready to Ship'.

100% DBS

• Review the order placed by the customer

• Prepare the customer's orders - pick and pack

• Click 'Print' (For DBS, no need to actually print airway bill)

Hybrid

• Expand order overview to double check Delivered by Seller and Dropshipping

Orders will move to the 'To Ship' tab

• Select Order Checkbox and click 'Arrange Shipment'

You will be responsible to update the status of the order to 'Delivered', 'Failed Delivery, or Cancel; depending on the parcel journey

• Confirm Delivery - Confirmation message will prompt and the seller can tag 'OK' so it can be moved to delivered

• Once the order is marked as 'Delivered', the order will move to 'Delivered' section and will be included for the following week's payout

• For 'Delivered' cases, please be sure to keep the Proof of Delivery (POD) of  your parcel deliveries separately, in cases of customer dispute. These should be kept for a year and should be shared to Lazada within 24 hours, in case of disputes.

• ‘Failed Delivery' - You can choose FAILED DELIVERY after two attempts of delivery

• ‘Cancel  Order’ - You can cancel orders for different reasons, but this will affect your seller rating

• For your orders that are supposed to be DBS, but is tagged as Dropshipping, you should cancel your orders. Follow these steps:

• Check the item if its DBS option is 'YES' or 'NO'. If 'NO', change it immediately to 'YES'

• Call customer to inform of cancellation and ask them to order again.

• Reach out to your KAMs for questions.

VI. What will be the shipping fees charged?

SKUs under the Iloilo Exclusive Delivered by Seller program will have a fixed shipping fee of Php 50, regardless of weight, quantity, and location.

If the actual shipping fee is GREATER THAN 50

• Balance should be paid upon delivery (in cash, through e-wallet/bank transfers)

• Sellers are required to explicitly communicate these details in the following modules:

1. Put the exact additional fee to be paid per city/location (if any) on the product image (at most 3rd image). See the example below.

2. Put the exact additional fee to be paid per city/location (if any) on the product description. Refer to the example below.

3. Seller must send confirmation message on additional shipping fee within 12 hours.

Confirmation Message Templates:

Option 1: "Hi! Your item under Order #0123456789101112 is arriving today. Don't forget to pay the additional P<Amount> delivery fee upon receipt of your order.  Thank you!"

Option 2: "Hi! Your item from <Seller Name/Shop> under Order #0123456789101112 is arriving today. Don't forget to pay the additional P50 delivery fee upon receipt of your order.  Thank you!"

SHIPPING FEE NOTES:

• One of your delivery partners offer Php 50 flat rate for Iloilo City to Iloilo City Lazada orders. This promo may be subject to changes without prior notice.

• We highly suggest sellers to offer free shipping promotions in order to attract more sales.

• Please follow above guidelines for any additional shipping fee charges greater than P50. Penalties may apply to sellers who charge extra without explicit communications.

• In case of customers complaints regarding shipping fee, Lazada team will check if seller adhered to these guidelines.    

VII. What are the policies we need to follow?

POLICIES

DBS sellers will be subject to the same policies as the rest of the sellers, with emphasis on the following:

• SOT/Fulfillment SLA - Sellers under DBS will not be measured with Ship-on-Time (SOT) metrics.

• Cancellation orders* not shipped within 1 working day (N+1) will be cancelled on the next day.

- Auto breach: Sellers will automatically have their orders cancelled by auto breach

• OVL/POL: Sellers will still be subject to normal Order Volume Limit policy

• Offboarding: Sellers with >10% Cancellation Rate over a two week period are subject to offboarding. Lazada also reserves the right to offboard sellers based on any violations related but not limited to: Fair Trading Policies and Lazada Community

• Non-Compliance Points: There will be no fulfillment NCP's, but seller policies still apply otherwise.

CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS

• No returns for fresh/perishables.

• For returnable categories, SLA is 7 days through direct-to-merchant process, but this time, DBS sellers to perform the pick-up from the buyer. Sellers will receive a call from Lazada for the request for return.

• Sellers are required to keep their proof of deliveries (POD) within 1 year. For complaints and disputes, Lazada will request POD from the sellers and sellers should respond within 24 hours.

- Proof of delivery should contain the following info at the very least: Customer Name, Recipient Name, Signature, Date of Receipt, Order Number, Item Details.

- Sellers are encouraged (not required) to use the proof of delivery template of Lazada here.

FINANCE

• Payout is every Thursday of the following week when an order is tagged as 'delivered'.

• Commission structure below based on seller type:

VIII. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

ON-BOARDING PROCESS

How do I sign up for Delivered by Seller (DBS)?

Self-Sign Up is available through this link.

What items can I sell?

For the Lazada Iloilo Exclusive, you can upload any sellable product (General Merchandise, Electronics, Fashion, Fast Moving Consumer Goods) that does not go against legal or fair trading policies.

COVERAGE AREAS/GEORESTRICTION

How much will my buyers pay for shipping?

- Iloilo Exclusive SKU’s under DBS will follow a flat rate of Php 50. If actual shipping fee is greater than 50, the balance should be paid upon delivery (in cash, e-wallet/bank transfers). This should be explicitly communicated at all times.

- For non-DBS SKUs, shipping fee will follow normal Lazada rates

How can I offer free shipping in Lazada?

- It is highly encouraged to offer free shipping promotions in order to attract more sales.

- In the Lazada Seller Center, you may (1) Go to Promotions > Free Shipping or (2) Join FS Max if eligible through Lazada Programs > Free Shipping Max

What do I need to do if I need to charge extra for shipping fee?

- Sellers need to explicitly communicate the exact amount to be paid for specific cities – both on the product image (at most 3rd image) and product description

- Sellers must send the customers a confirmation message on additional shipping fee within 12 hours.

What if buyer refuses to pay the additional shipping fee after I send confirmation message?

- If buyer does not want to pay, you can ask them to kindly cancel their Lazada order

What if a customer sends a complaint regarding my shipping fee?

In case of any disputes, Lazada team will check if seller followed the product image & description guidelines properly. You may also be required to show proof that a confirmation message stating the additional delivery fee was successfully sent to the buyer.

SHIPPING

How can we know if the pending order will be fulfilled by lazada or with our own delivery fleet?

Once you RTS (Ready to Ship), you will find that the Shipping Information is 'Delivered by Seller'.

How do we have a proof of delivery for those doing delivery via 3rd party logistics?

We highly suggest two things: (1) Delivery receipt sent via email, AND (2) SMS confirmation sent to the buyer, with the following information:

- Customer Name

- Recipient Name

- Signature/Customer Confirmation

- Date of Receipt

- Order Number

- Item Details

How fast should I deliver the items?

SLA is N+1 days (Same Day Delivery or maximum Next Day Delivery). Ex: If the order arrives Tuesday 4PM, buyer should already receive the item by Wednesday 11:59PM!

What if my delivery fails, can I still try again?

Yes, you can try again as long as it is still within the SLA period. If you need to extend the SLA, sellers may raise the concern via PSC assuming the reason for failed delivery is valid (ie. force majeure, out of seller's control). We can extend and adjust SLAs accordingly if so.

What happens if a customer provided the wrong address or if the rider failed to locate the address?

- End to end fulfillment is covered by seller. We highly suggest that you coordinate with the buyers on their actual location.

- PRO TIPS: Call before you deliver. Ask for a landmark or a 'pin’ on Google Maps. In the instance of a logistics problem (ex: lost items, customer refuses to accept), you may contact your chose courier for the customer service follow up.

IMPORTANT REMINDER:

Once orders are fulfilled and POD is secured, don't forget to click 'Confirm Delivery' to avoid auto cancellations.

RETURNS

What if we cannot accommodate returns since our product is food/beverages?

We've already set some categories as non-returnable, such as perishables.

How do we handle returns?

Returns process will be through the usual direct to merchant process. You will receive a prompt in Seller Center of any returns needed. If valid, DBS sellers to perform the pick-up from buyer. Sellers will receive a call from Lazada for the request for return.

FINANCE

When will I receive my payment?

Payout is every Thursday of the following week when an order is tagged as 'delivered'.

Is cash on delivery available for DBS?

Right now, COD option is not yet available. We will open soon.

Is this article helpful ?
Lazada University Logo
ADA is available at 24 hours. Live Chat Services are available from Monday - Saturday: 09:00AM - 06:00PM.