What is Same Day Delivery?

5.5K Published on August 22, 2023

On this page

I, What are the benefits of offering Same Day Delivery?
II. How do I know if I’m eligible for Same Day Delivery?
III. How can I join Same Day Delivery?
IV. How do I select products for Same Day Delivery?

a. In the app
b. On the website

V. What are the lead times for Same Day Delivery?
VI. How do I know if orders are for Same Day Delivery?
VII. What are the Packaging guidelines for Same Day Delivery items?
VIII. How will items be delivered?
IX. How do I maintain eligibility for this feature?
X. How can I upload the Same Day Delivery banners in my store?
XI. Can I activate the feature for products that are DBS?
XII. How can I update my warehouse pickup address?
XIII. What if I want to disable Same Day Delivery service?
XIV. FAQs

I.What are the benefits of offering Same Day Delivery?

II. How do I know if I’m eligible for Same Day Delivery?

• Same Day Delivery is currently available for sellers with warehouse location in Metro Manila.

• Seller must be operational from Monday to Friday (excluding holidays) 9AM to 5PM.

• Only buyers who are within 30 km of seller store can avail the Same Day Delivery option.

III. How can I join Same Day Delivery?

1. Go to this link.

2. Fill in all necessary information and click Submit.

3. After submission, you will receive an email from Lazada regarding the result of your application. Successful applications are processed weekly every Friday.

IV. How do I select products for Same Day Delivery?

Note that upon enablement, all products will automatically be available for Same Day Delivery. To turn the SDD option ON or OFF, please follow these steps. Sellers have the capability to edit this any time and will sync real time for buyers:

• Delivery Option Instant ON (Yes) = Buyers CAN see and choose Same Day Delivery option

• Delivery Option Instant OFF (No) = Buyers CANNOT see or choose Same Day Delivery option

a. In your mobile app,

1. To select an existing product,

i. Go to Edit Products and
ii. Press All Delivery Information.
iii. Toggle on Delivery Option Instant.

2. You can also avail the service for new products when you

i. Add Product and tap Show More.
ii. Press All Delivery Information.
iii. Toggle on Deliver Option Instant.

b. On the website

1. To select a single product,

i. go to Manage Products,
ii. Edit and
iii. click “Yes” for Delivery Option Instant under Delivery & Warranty Section.

2. You can also batch edit by

i.Select all SKU’s (check the square on the top left).
ii.Click ‘Export’.
iii.Click ‘Export & Edit Excel File’.
iv.Select ‘Weight and Shipping’
v.Click ‘Export Excel Template’
vi.Download the file.
vii.On the downloaded Excel file, look for the column ‘Delivery Option Instant’ and input “Yes” for the SKU’s you want to enable before saving the file.
viii.Go back to your Seller Account to upload the file under the tab “Upload File”.

For visual guide, you may visit Lazada University module on Same Day Delivery.

V. What are the lead times for Same Day Delivery?

The Same Day Delivery option is available from Monday – Friday (except holidays) cut-off at 11AM. Orders placed by 11AM are guaranteed to be delivered on the same day.

Sellers must fulfill orders (click Create Package and Arrange Shipment) according to the following SLA table:

In summary:

VI. How do I know if orders are for Same Day Delivery?

For easier tracking of Same Day Delivery orders, you may look at the "Instant" tag in Seller Center's order management page. You can also filter Delivery Type to "Instant" to view all your Same Day Delivery orders.

VII. What are the Packaging guidelines for Same Day Delivery items?

The packaging policy for Same Day Delivery Orders will be the same. Read here to learn more.

From either the app or website, go to Orders > To Pack > Create Package and Print to print the Airway Bill and stick it to the parcel / box. It is imperative for Airway bills to be printed and attached to the package as it ensures that sellers will hand over the correct package to the Borzo drivers.

Same Day Delivery orders can be identified by the “P2P” on the top right portion, First Mile and Delivery Boxes on the top should indicate “Borzo”.

Make sure that packages:

1. Have no leak/tear/puncture/damage in the outside packaging,
2. Important details of AWB are not tampered with—quantity, item description, declared value, buyer details
3. And is within acceptable dimensions and weight—limit of up to 20KG, and a dimension of 43cm x 43cm x 76cm.

Once the parcel is ready, click “Arrange for Shipment”.

VIII. How will items be delivered?

Once you have confirmed that the package to “Arrange for Shipment”, it will automatically trigger a Borzo booking. No need for seller to book own delivery.

RTS

Borzo Rider Arrival

(Mon-Fri) 9AM-11AM

Within 1 hour after RTS

(Mon-Thurs) 11:01 AM – 11:59 PM

9AM - 10AM the next day

(Mon-Fri) 12MN – 9AM

9AM - 10AM

The Borzo rider should contact you to confirm once they are at seller warehouse, but if you would need to contact them, their contact details are available in the Logistic Status in Order management page.

You also do not need to pay the driver. Please note that the driver may cancel if they wait for more than 10-15 minutes. Rebooking will be triggered if it is still within the 1 hour booking window, but the order will be cancelled outside the window. In the latter case, seller will be tagged as PNR if no show.

The Borzo driver should:

1. Take photo of the item being delivered

2. Collect the item in accordance with the practice of social distancing

3. Double check the following details to ensure correct parcel handover.

a. Buyer Name = Recipient Name

b. Parcel Tracking # = Merchant ID

4. They will then contact the buyer to notify them that the item is on the way.

Once the parcel has been handed over, you may track the Logistic Status in Seller Center.

For delayed pickups/ returns, please contact the Borzo driver assigned to the order (details available in Seller Center). If unreachable, please contact PSC for assistance.

IX. How do I maintain eligibility for this feature?

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Same Day Delivery applications sent through lzd.co/SDDRegistration are subject to assessment by Lazada based on:

• Completeness of information submitted

• Eligibility of seller (set-up, seller performance)

FULFILLMENT SLA: Sellers who are approved and enabled for Same Day Delivery must fulfill SDD orders according to the SLA. Orders not fulfilled within SLA will automatically get cancelled.

OFFBOARDING: Sellers need to consistently maintain strong seller and Same Day Delivery fulfillment performance.

• In the case of poor performance, seller will be notified of possible off-boarding from the Service (may be subject to appeal).

• Seller may also be off boarded if there is a change in Warehouse location and it is situated outside the Same Day Delivery provider's coverage.

X.
How can I upload the Same Day Delivery banners in my store?

Once your store is enabled for Same Day Delivery, you can help your buyers and store visitors know that you are offering SDD by uploading banners.

1. Download the Same Day Delivery Mobile and PC banners here:

a. Mobile SDD Banner

b. PC SDD Banner

2. Go to Lazada Seller Center under Store > Store Decoration

3. Edit Current Published Page

4. Choose “Single Banner” on the right panel and drag it to where you want to place the banner

5. On the left panel for Single Banner, click “Upload”

6. Click + button to upload. Select the file for Same Day Delivery Mobile Banner. Click Crop then Confirm.

7. Click Save. Do other necessary edits (if any) based on your store design. Click Publish.

8. Go to PC edit at the top, and repeat all the steps (this time uploading Same Day Delivery PC Banner).

For visual guide, you may visit Lazada University module on Same Day Delivery.

XI. Can I activate the feature for products that are DBS?

For now, DBS and Same Day Delivery cannot coincide. If you want to offer both for your products, you would need to create duplicate SKU’s where there will be one for DBS and one for SDD.

XII. How can I update my warehouse pickup address?

You may update your warehouse address pin location in Seller Center anytime by following these steps.

1.In Lazada Seller Center, go to ‘My Account’ > ‘Settings’

2.Under Logistic section, click ‘Warehouse’

3.Click ‘Edit’ for the warehouse you want to update

4.Select your exact warehouse location by either (A) searching your address on the ‘Pin Location’ field, or (B) clicking your location on the map then ‘Confirm’.

5.Update other necessary information, then click ‘Submit

Note that Same Day Delivery pickups will refer to this PIN LOCATION. Please keep this updated at all times. Edits will reflect after 24hrs.

XIII. What if I want to disable Same Day Delivery service?

● OPTION 1: Temporary Disablement - You can temporarily disable Same Day Delivery for your SKUs by clicking "No" in the Delivery Option Instant via per SKU edit or via batch edit. This option is real time. You can also choose to re-enable your SKUs for Same Day Delivery easily in the future when you want to offer the service again.

● OPTION 2: Permanent Disablement - Should you want to permanently remove Same Day Delivery option for your whole store, you may follow these steps. Note that once disabled, you will not see the Same Day Delivery option on any of your products anymore.

1.Go to Seller Center > My Account > Settings > Delivery Service

2.Under Logistics Service, toggle the button for ‘Lazada Instant’ to disable Same Day Delivery

3.Select the reason for unsubscribing then click ‘Submit’

XIV
. FAQs

Are there limitations for Same Day Delivery?

·Distance: buyers placed an order within 30km from seller warehouse

·Weight Limit: package should be at most 20 Kg

·Dimensions: 43 x 43 x 76 cm

Will payment be different for Same Day Delivery?

·Shipping fee will be calculated based on distance. It will cost 120Php for the first 10km and 8Php for succeeding km.

·Any payment option is available except for COD (to be added soon). Vouchers and discount will still apply.

Is there a maximum order total price for Same Day Delivery?

·There is no maximum total price.

Can orders still be canceled?

·Yes, as long as seller has not yet tagged the item as ready for shipment. Please take note that seller cancellations (Out of Stock, Late Fulfillment) will affect seller cancellation metrics.

What happens if RTS is late?

Order will be cancelled of seller fails to ship out according the Same Day Delivery SLA. You may view remaining time to ship in the order management page.

What will happen if the delivery fails?

• Borzo rider will return the parcel directly to seller. There will be no cost to you, and you will not need to pay Borzo. Possible reasons for this are buyer did not accept the parcel or was not responding.

• Please take note that item will also be returned if the wrong order was handed over to the driver.

Is the feature available for FBL?

·It is not yet available as of the moment.

Can we switch off same day delivery service just in case we have our own store holiday?

·You can turn on holiday mode or toggle the Delivery Option Instant on your SKU’s.

If the SKU exceeds the allowed dimension for Borzo, will it automatically become unavailable for Same Day Delivery?

·Yes, the buyers’ checkout will automatically block same day delivery option once the package/SKU reaches the dimension limit. Customers can still proceed with Standard Delivery option.

If customer orders 1 Same Day item and 1 non-Same Day item from a seller, will this be split into 2 orders?

·No, customer will not see Same Day delivery option upon checkout. Orders like this will only be available for Standard Delivery.

For more information, you may visit Lazada University module on Same Day Delivery.

Is this article helpful ?
Lazada University Logo
ADA is available at 24 hours. Live Chat Services are available from Monday - Saturday: 09:00AM - 06:00PM.