How do I add variations to my products? (PC)

2K Published on June 23, 2021

You will now be able to add variations when creating your products to help improve your search rankings, better manage your products, and improve your customers' experience!

Table of Contents:

I. What is product variation?

II. What are the benefits of product variation?

III. How do I create the variations for one product?

IV. How do I do bulk upload for multiple variations? (Only for Lazada recommended variations. See LIST.)

V. FAQs

I. What is product variation?

Product Variation is when one product has different variants such as size, color, or specifications. With this, you do not need to create a separate product listing for each kind of SKU or variation. Your customer will be able to see all the variations in one product page.

There are 2 types of variations that you can use:

1. Seller-defined Variations: You can create your own unique variation names and options.
Example: "Bongga Blue" or "Rampa Red" instead of just "blue" or "red"
IMPORTANT NOTE: This feature can be used for all categories but can only be done using PC

2. Lazada Recommended Variations: For some categories, there will be recommended variations for your products which can help increase traffic as this may make it easier for your customers to find your products.

Back to top >

II. What are the benefits of product variation?

By adding variations in your products, you will be able to:

1. Improve your customers' shopping experience
Let your customers know what your store offers and the variations you have available in just one product page

2. Streamline search results
By having all the variations in just one product page, all the sales and reviews will just show up in a single product which can improve its search ranking

3. Manage your products more efficiently
This will help you manage your product easier as you will only need to update/edit one product page

Back to top >

III. How do I create the variations for one product?

IMPORTANT NOTE: Product Variation is only available for NEW LISTINGS. You will not be able to edit your existing/current products that are already uploaded.

1. In your Seller Center, go to Add Product. Input the Product Name and Category then go the Variants section. Click "Add Variation".
Note: The maximum number of variants that you can add is different per category.

2. Click "Name" then type in your own unique name (for seller-defined variations) or choose from the dropdown options (for Lazada recommended variations).

3. Type in your "Options" (e.g., available colors, sizes). Note that you can only add up to 20 options per variant.
If you chose a Lazada-recommended variation, existing options related to that variation may also appear. These can help increase your product's searchability. (NOTE: Lazada recommended variations and options are only available for specific categories. See LIST above.)

4. You can add photos for each option by checking the box beside the "Add Image".
Note: The variation with the image will automatically be the first variation level

5. If you want to rearrange the position of the variations, just click on the 3 lines on the right and drag the option to the position that you want.
Note: If you have previously uploaded the product and would just like to edit the arrangement, republish the product so the new positions will reflect in your Seller Center.

Back to top >

IV. How do I do bulk upload for multiple variations?

IMPORTANT NOTE: Bulk upload is only available for Lazada-recommended variations and only for specific categories. See LIST above.

1. Click on Products > Bulk Add/Edit Products.

2. Choose the category of the products you are going to bulk upload.

3. Download the template to fill up the necessary details.

4. Fill in the bulk upload template.

a. Group No. - this is for the system to know which rows are considered as one product and should be created as a variation. Note: This is not stored in the system. You can use the same Group No. the next time you bulk upload products.
b. Product Name - name that will appear on your product page
c. SKU information (will depend on chosen category) - variations of your product

5. Save your file and upload. Click on Upload File tab then Upload File button.

Back to top >

V. FAQs

1. Can I put my own variant names or options?
Yes, you can just type in the variant name or options you would like. Note: This is only allowed for single product upload.

2. Can I change or edit the variants to the seller-defined variants in my uploaded/existing products?
As of the moment, this is not possible. Seller-defined variants and options will only be available for NEW PRODUCT LISTINGS.

3. How many variations and options per variation can I add?
The maximum number of variations depends per category but are typically at 2 variations, some categories may allow more. For the options, you can add up to 20.

4. How would the variants look like in the buyer app?
The variants and options will appear in just one product page.

Back to top >

Related Article:
How do I create my own variant name and attribute? (App)

Is this article helpful ?
Lazada University Logo
ADA is available at 24 hours. Live Chat Services are available from Monday - Saturday: 09:00AM - 06:00PM.