Order Volume Limit (OVL) Policy

9.2K Published on September 7, 2023

I. What is Order Volume Limit (OVL)?

II. What is the maximum OVL that I can get?

III. How does OVL help you?

IV. How will my performance affect my OVL?

V. How do I increase my OVL?

VI. How can I maintain my default OVL?

To know the specific reason for your OVL, you can use our OVL Checker HERE.

Your OVL is the maximum number of orders that your shop can receive in a day. Once your shop hits its daily OVL, your items will no longer be visible on the buyer website, and you will stop receiving orders until the next day. Sellers can still login to seller center to fulfill orders or perform other tasks.

All sellers have a default OVL of 10,000. New sellers who are live for less than 90 days have an OVL of 150.

Your OVL will be reduced when you have a high cancellation rate or when you are not able to comply with requirements.

Orders received in the current day are counted in the OVL, regardless of the order status (Pending, Ready to ship shipped and cancelled). Orders Fulfilled by Lazada (FBL) are excluded.

OVL assists sellers to manage order fulfillment and improve cancellation performance
➢ Sellers with capacity constraints (e.g. lack of manpower)
➢ Sellers facing fulfilment issues as supply chain process is longer for certain products
➢ Stock management issues
➢ Price management issues

Your fulfillment performance will affect your OVL in the following ways:

Severity

Order Fulfillment Criteria

Order Volume Limit

Minor

Cancellation Rate between 5-10% in the last 4 weeks**

70% of Average Daily Orders from the last 4 weeks

Moderate

Cancellation Rate between 10-30% in the last 4 weeks**

50% of Average Daily Orders from the last 4 weeks

Serious

Cancellation Rate greater than 30% in the last 4 weeks**

25% of Average Daily Orders from the last 4 weeks

*Only
cancellations due to seller fault are taken into account in this policy. These cancellations include the ones that you make on Seller Center and system cancellations due to non-fulfillment of orders after 3 days.

**The time period for Last 4 weeks is from 35 days ago to 7 days ago. This is to account for the maturation period of cancellation data.

NOTE: As all sellers are required to abide by Lazada policies, Order Volume Limits (OVL) may also be levied on sellers who are under investigation for violating Lazada seller policies and/or applicable laws, as well as for seller activities which may impact operational efficiencies, for example failed deliveries due to incorrect addresses. These Order Volume Limits will remain active until the investigation is concluded.

If you are currently facing a lowered OVL, improve performance by ensuring that stock levels and prices are accurate in order to fulfill all orders on time and avoid cancellation. Once performance has improved, your OVL will reset to the default OVL.

**The time period for Last 4 weeks is from 35 days ago to 7 days ago. This is to account for the maturation period of cancellation data and fulfillment data.

1. Avoid placing virtual stocks on Seller Center - only place actual stock count that is available on hand to avoid any cancellations.

2. Only set an order's status to RTS once an order has been packed and ready to be picked up or dropped off.

3. Fulfill orders within the expected SLA. You may read more about Fast Fulfillment Rate here

4. Make sure to comply with the submission of requirements as indicated. You can check requirements here: What requirements do I need to submit or comply with as a New Seller?

Is this article helpful ?
Lazada University Logo
ADA is available at 24 hours. Live Chat Services are available from Monday - Saturday: 09:00AM - 06:00PM.