What is Customer Engagement Management (CEM)?

5.1K Published on September 6, 2022

CEM is a premium feature in Chat that allows sellers to proactively broadcast, or send group messages, to buyers through available scenarios. This allows sellers to engage with customers directly to drive an action. Only the Chat master account can access to this feature, other chat users cannot access it. To better understand what CEM is about, click here.

Here's what you need to know about CEM:

I. How to access CEM?

II. What are the qualifications for CEM?

III. I am eligible for CEM, but why can't I see the entry point?

IV. If I have more than 2000 customers/followers in my selected scenario, how does CEM select which customer/follower will get the message per scenario? Will they overlap if I use a different scenario?

V. What are current scenarios of this feature?

VI. What are quota and scenario usage, how do they work together?

VII. What are the benefits of using CEM?

VIII. How can I increase my CEM quota?

IX. Using CEM

1. How to access CEM?

Three ways to access:

2. What are the qualifications for CEM?

To quality for CEM, sellers need to meet below criteria:

- Seller rating >= 85%

- Chat Same-day response rate >= 85%

- Followers >= 50*

*Sellers who meet the follower criteria will have advance CEM access while those who do not will have basic CEM access. See list of customer groups to know the difference between advance and basic access.

Performance is evaluated on Sundays and eligibility is refreshed on Mondays, in the afternoon. If you do not hit the criteria on Sunday, you will have to wait for the following week to qualify again.

3. I am eligible for CEM, but why can't I see the entry point?

Only Chat master account can access to this feature, other chat users cannot.

4. If I have more than 2000 customers/followers in my selected scenario, how does CEM select which customer/follower will get the message per scenario? Will they overlap if I use a different scenario?

As long as the customers fit the criteria described in each scenario above, they might receive messages via CEM provided that the quota permits it. There is chance that CEM messages will overlap if the message content for each scenario is the same. In addition, there is an algorithm in the back-end to ensure highest yield from selected customers to receive messages from you via CEM.

5. What are current scenarios of this feature?

Note: Advance CEM access gives sellers access to all customer scenarios while basic CEM access will give sellers access to all except for Loyalty Buyers. Advance CEM access is achieved by meeting the >50 followers criteria on top of the Seller Rating and Chat criteria.

6. What's a quota and how is it being allocated?

Quota is the maximum number of customers who can receive your messages you can send per week.

-The Customers with Items in Cart, Customers with Items in Wishlist, and Customers with Unpaid Orders scenarios does not consume quota.

-The rest of scenarios have their respective quotas. To see your quota, go to Engagement Center > Customer Engagement > View Performance > Seller Performance.

7. What are the benefits of using CEM?

You can proactively reach out to your customers and followers to bring in traffic to your store/products. Reach out to different customer groups by sending them a message, product recommendation, and vouchers.

8. How can I increase my CEM quota?

You can increase CEM quota by achieving the suggested read rate of your CEM messages, which is currently at 9%. Achieving this will increase your quota by 20%.

9. Using CEM

Is this article helpful ?
Lazada University Logo
ADA is available at 24 hours. Live Chat Services are available from Monday - Saturday: 09:00AM - 06:00PM.