What is Package Not Ready?

8.2K Published on August 30, 2023

Understand how Package Not Ready works and learn how to avoid it in this article!

Read the Package Not Ready Policy here.

On this page:

I. What is PNR?

II. Where can I see my PNR packages?

III. Are there penalties for PNR?

IV. How can I avoid PNR?

V. How can I make sure that I'll get a pickup schedule for my store?

VI. Other FAQs

I. What is PNR?

When parcels are not yet packed and ready for handover upon the pickup team's arrival, the parcels are tagged as Failed Pickup due to Package Not Ready (PNR, also known as Early Ready-To-Ship or Early RTS). This usually occurs when a sellers sets an order to Ready To Ship even though the package is not yet packed.

Package Not Ready only applies to parcels assigned to pickup.

II. Where can I see my PNR packages?

You can find your PNR packages by going to Orders > Orders > To Ship > To Handover.

III. Are there penalties for PNR?

Failed pickups due to PNR cause delays not just for the seller with PNR, but also for other sellers on the same pickup team's schedule. To protect the order fulfillment process of compliant sellers, Lazada will issue Non-Compliance Points to sellers with frequent failed pickups due to PNR.

PNR performance is measured as the percentage of your PNR packages out of your total RTS packages for the week. You should aim to be at 0% for a good rating.

NCP are issued based on the thresholds below:

url

IV. How can I avoid PNR?

You can avoid PNR violations by ensuring that your orders are packed and ready for handover before clicking on Ready To Ship. Please keep this process in mind:

V. How can I make sure that I'll get a pickup schedule for my store?

Some sellers might click on Ready To Ship even though the parcel isn't ready yet because they want to reserve a pickup slot in advance. However, sellers should refrain from early RTS to avoid pickup delays, NCPs, and a negative buyer experience.

Early RTS is unnecessary because the cutoff for same-day pickup for fast freight and next-day pickup for bulky parcels is at 4:00PM. As long as you RTS on or before 4PM AND at least 2 hours before your store closes*, your store will be included in the pickup plan.

*Please ensure that your Operating Days and Hours (ODH) are updated on Seller Center. Learn more about setting your ODH here.

VI. Other FAQs

A. How does Lazada ensure that the pickup team inputs the correct reasons for Failed Pickup?

Drivers are trained to input correct reason codes for different failed pickup scenarios. 3PLs that fail to provide valid proof for their Failed Pickup tags are penalized by Lazada.

B. I disagree with the penalties I received for PNR. What should I do?

If you received NCP due to PNR, you can file an appeal here.

C. The 3PL collected my parcels without scanning them. Will the parcels be tagged as PNR?

Sellers should ensure that the pickup team scans all parcels before they are handed over. Lazada will not be liable for any parcels lost due to non-scanning of parcels. In the event that parcels are flagged as PNR, the parcels will be excluded from PNR calculation if they are scanned and updated within the day of pickup.

D. Will my parcels be flagged as PNR is my store/warehouse is closed?

No. Drivers have multiple reason codes for failed pickups, and they will use the "Store Closed" reason if your store is closed. In this case, your parcels will not be tagged as PNR.

However, please ensure that logistics partners are aware of your operating hours for pickup by keeping your operating days and hours updated.

E. I only have 10 RTS parcels in a week. Will I be subjected to NCP if my PNR is 50%?

In this case, you would not be subjected to Non-Compliance Points. You will only receive NCP if you have both 1) more than 15 PNR packages in a week AND 2) >=10% PNR Rating. Please refer to section III above for more details.

F. I set 10 parcels to RTS, but I was only able to hand over 5 parcels. Will the other 5 parcels be considered in the PNR calculation?

Yes. The 5 packages that were flagged as PNR will be included in your PNR calculation. Please only initiate RTS/Arrange Shipment for packages that are ready for handover.

Is this article helpful ?
Lazada University Logo
ADA is available at 24 hours. Live Chat Services are available from Monday - Saturday: 09:00AM - 06:00PM.