What is the cost of using FBL (Fulfillment by Lazada)?

1.6K Published on March 7, 2023

In case the seller opts to have orders fulfilled using Fulfilment by Lazada (FBL), fees shall be charged to the Seller (as defined under Annex 3 of the Marketplace Seller Terms of Services) with the rates provided in the table below:

Effective November 1, 2022, please see the new FBL Rate Card:

Handling fees are charged per item shipped from the warehouse. See Optional Value-Added Services for information on fees for labelling and bundling.

On this page:

I. Storage FAQs

A. What does "aging" mean?

B. How is storage aging tracked?

C. Will stock aging be reset upon the implementation of storage fees?

D. When will the first storage billing happen?

E. How often will storage fees be charged?

F. How will storage fees be calculated?

G. Will storage fees be pro-rated if an item's CBM is not a whole number?

H. Will storage fees be pro-rated if an item is in the warehouse for only part of the month?

I. Will I be charged storage fees for expired items?

J. What if my item is re-inbounded to the warehouse due to failed delivery?

II. What is my item's CBM?

III. How do I compute my fulfillment fees?

A. Sample computations for FMCG & EL

B. Sample computations for FA & GM

IV. What are the other FBL fees?

A. Pull-Out Fees

B. Optional Value-Added Services

I. Storage FAQs

A. What does "aging" mean?

"Aging" is the number of days since an item was inbounded to the warehouse. When items are shipped from the warehouse, the oldest stocks in the system are removed first.

B. How is storage aging tracked?

Storage aging is based on the data in BMS. Sellers can monitor their storage aging in the Aging tab.

C. Will stock aging be reset upon the implementation of storage fees?

No, the aging in BMS will continue to run. However, an item's first 60 days of warehouse storage are free of charge.

D. When will the first storage fees be charged?

The first storage fees will be charged on November 1, 2022, based on the aging data in BMS.

E. How often will storage fees be charged?

Monthly. Storage will be billed once a month in your statement of accounts.

F. How will storage fees be calculated?

Storage fees are calculated based on the Cubic Meter (CBM) Volume of each SKU. CBM is calculated as length x width x height. These item measurements can be seen in BMS. Please see this section for more details.

G. Will storage fees be pro-rated if an item's CBM is not a whole number?

Yes, fees are pro-rated based on an item's exact CBM. For example, for 10 items that each occupy 0.3 CBM, the total volume charged will be 10x0.3 = 3 CBM. Please see this section for more details.

H. Will storage fees be pro-rated if an item is in the warehouse for only part of the month?

Yes, fees are pro-rated based on the number of days that an item stays in the warehouse. The system will take daily snapshots of items stored in the warehouse and use this data to calculate your storage fee at the end of each month. The average number of days to be billed per SKU will be will be rounded to the nearest whole number before it is multiplied by the CBM and the fee rate.

For example, an item is in the 60-90 day storage range on March 1. If the item is sold on March 15, the item will be charged for 15 days of storage.

I. Will I be charged storage fees for expired items?

Yes, sellers are responsible for managing their items, especially those with expiry dates. BMS provides a report showing the expiry dates of items in the warehouse.

J. What if my item is re-inbounded to the warehouse due to failed delivery?

In case an item is re-inbounded due to failed delivery, the system will use the SKU's latest normal inbound date as the re-inbounded item's inbound date.

II. What is my item's CBM?

III. How do I compute my fulfillment fees?

A. Sample computations for FMCG & EL

For items at floor price:For items in the percentage range:For items at ceiling price:

B. Sample computations for FA & GM

For items at floor price:For items in the percentage range:For items at ceiling price:

IV. What are the other FBL fees?

A. Pull-Out Fees

Learn more about pull-out requests here.

B. Optional Value-Added Services

• When does Lazada charge labelling fees?

You will be charged a labelling fee for each item that needs to be labelled, mainly when the item lacks a barcode. To avoid labelling fees, please ensure that your items have clear and visible barcodes and that your SKUs are correctly set up in BMS.

• How do bundling fees work?

Bundling fees are charged per bundle. For example: if you request to bundle 3 items into 1 selling product, you will be charged 1x the bundled item fee based on the bundle's final dimensions and weight bracket.

Please note that bundling fees for special requests (e.g., complex bundles or bundles that require additional packaging) may vary. Please contact your seller support or the FBL team for more information.

Is this article helpful ?
Lazada University Logo
ADA is available at 24 hours. Live Chat Services are available from Monday - Saturday: 09:00AM - 06:00PM.